Why do I Run?

To honor and remember friends and family members affected by heart disease and stroke.

Upcoming 50 States Marathons:

State #27: Duke City Marathon, Albuquerque, NM 10/20/2019


Sunday, April 21, 2019

I'm Back!!!


It has been a long time since my last post!  This is because I had to take a long pause in my running due to multiple medical issues, but I am feeling good and so refreshed to be putting on my running shoes again!  I have missed my team, running, and my challenge, and such a long time away certainly fostered determination to finish my goal.

Sadly, since my last marathon, more of my friends and family have been affected by stroke.  This has made me even more determined to reach my fundraising goal, as these funds can not only go toward raising awareness for stroke, but also to help those recovering from stroke.  This cause is so incredibly important, and I am honored to be able to run to raise funds for Tedy's Team.

As I am basically starting from scratch with my training, I currently don't have a marathon planned until August, which will be the Nebraska State Fair marathon for State #27/ Marathon #38.  This will be followed by the Duke City Marathon in New Mexico for State #28/ Marathon #39 with Tedy's Team!!  I am so excited to be joining and running with the team again.  Usually I like to share my marathon stories and pictures from all over the country, but since that won't be happening for a while, I thought I would share some pictures from my training runs here in Atlanta! 


This is a terrible picture that demonstrates why I don't often take selfies :).  But it was the day of my second training run after putting on my running sneakers again!

Today I went for my first long run in nearly two years - that's a long time!  It was 9.4 miles, and it was a perfect and beautiful day for a run.  Most people think of Atlanta as a busy city, and so I thought I would show where I run, which is just a few miles outside of the city.

 I love that the Path Trails Foundation has created paths that connect with some of the local roads, so that you can map a run using their maps and have a nice route to run on. 

 This is a cute little park, that I enjoy passing by along one of my running routes.

This is a super awesome community garden that I love to see when out for a run.  If I were any good at keeping plants alive, I might try it.

This is just to show that even though the city of Atlanta is just a few miles away, it's easy to find beautiful places to run that aren't so city-like.

So for now, most of my posts will be about training and fundraising, but it won't be long until I step to the start line and cross the finish line again for Tedy's Team!



No comments:

Post a Comment